2016 Proof of Concept
- The flax roots in the applied soils are 15% longer and stronger than the ones in the control soils.
- The flax stem's in the applied soils have a significantly larger diameter than those in the control soils.
- Yield in the applied soils (no Nitrogen) is 29% higher than the control soils (50lb Nitrogen).
- On larger parcels, when the MSE (Microbial Soil Enhancer) was applied as an addition at 90lb/acre to the conventional treatment, yield increases were measured for canola (+18%), oat (+8%) and mixed crops (+6%).
|Crop||Treatment||Yield BU/acre||% Yield||Net Margin $/acre|
|Malting Barley||HEHA3 pellets in furrow||85.0||+12%||+26.8|
2017 Proof of Concept at Field Scale
- Demonstration that beyond the positive effect on the soil, increased yields and profits are recorded
- The results with the SK produced HSEs (HumaTerra Soil Enhancers) confirm results achieved in 2016
- Even with a relatively short maturation of the composts, satisfactory results can be achieved. Better controlled maturation and progress in ingredients selection will only foster better HSE performance
- The fungal HSEs did not work for Canola
- The HSEs did perform better than a similar product sourced in the US (Compell)
|Crop||Treatment||Yield (Bu/acre||Yield %|
|Canola CmC||Test HSECan1 (broadcast)||79.2||7.7%|
|Canola CP||Test HSECan1 furrow||42.2||16.3%|
|Canola CD||Test HSECan1 furrow||33.8||10.5%|
2018 Canola Test Field Scale
- Demonstration of increased yields in canola with specific more bacterial IMSECs (Indigenous Microbial Soil Enhancer Control)
- The cost per acre ($23) of the HSE (HumaTerra Soil Enhancer) treatment is largely paid off by the yield increase. 6 bushels/acre here at $12 in 2018 is $72, which gives a margin increase of CAN$50/acre.
|Crop||Treatment||Yield (Bu/acre)||Yield %|
|Canola GmC SK||Test HSECan1 broadcast||49.5||+2.9|
|Wheat CD SK||Test HSECrop1 furrow||42.0||+25.4|
|Canola CP SK||Test HSECan1 furrow||49.0||+8.9|
|Oats CP SK||Test HSECrop1 furrow||130||+23.8|
|Faba Beans CP SK||Test HSECrop1 furrow||45.0||+5.9|
|Oats MF SK||Test HSECrop1 furrow||130||-7.1|
|Barley LR SK||Test HSEcrop1 furrow||102.7||+8.8|
|Canola LR SK||Test HSEcrop1 furrow||49.0||+3.4|
|Soybean KH ON||Test HSEcrop1 furrow||25||+66.7|
|Soybean HT ON||Test HSEcrop1 broadcast||55.9||+0.2|
2019 Head-Head Trial Results
More positive results with in-furrow treatment
Better results after 2 years of consecutive treatment
Row crops seem to show more positive results than canola. However, the canola still shows a yield increase.
Testimonials from farmers:
MF: fewer weeds, better quality, better economics
RP: did not harvest separately but better yield with HSECrop1
CP: better results after 2 years, noticeable changes in soil compaction